Northern Trust Toronto
About Northern Trust Canada
Northern Trust has over three decades of experience in providing an extensive range of innovative asset servicing solutions to meet the unique needs of institutional investors and investment managers in Canada.
We help facilitate improved operational efficiency, speed-to-market and business focus for our clients while supporting governance, risk management and distribution requirements for their traditional and alternative funds.
Our solutions extend across the whole office to include global custody, fund administration, trade settlement, risk and compliance, digitization and optimization of investment decisions through advanced analytics, foreign exchange, securities finance, benefit payments, and support for regulatory obligations.
Our team is guided by our founding principles of service, expertise, and integrity. And as we continue to grow our business, we do so in keeping with a strong history of industry leadership and integrity, unfailing reliability, and the highest ethical standards – core values that haven't wavered in over 133 years.
Katie D. Pries
Northern Trust Asset Management is a global investment manager that helps investors navigate changing market environments, so they can confidently realize their long-term objectives. Entrusted with over CAD$1 trillion in assets, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and believe investors should be compensated for the risks they take — in all market environments and any investment strategy. This deep understanding and respect for employing risk purposely serves as the foundation for every investment solution and perspective we provide to our clients. That's why we combine robust capital markets research, expert portfolio construction and comprehensive risk management to craft innovative and efficient solutions that deliver targeted investment outcomes.
- Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO): One of the world's largest* and most tenured providers of outsourced investment solutions, with over 40 years of outsourced investment solutions expertise, we craft custom solutions that seek to create risk-managed growth by targeting long-term investment themes and efficient implementation through an open architecture model
- Integrated Alternatives Platform: Private equity, private debt (primary, secondary and direct co-investment), hedge funds through our dedicated alternatives team at 50 South Capital
- Cash Management: Canadian, U.S. and Sterling
- Index Investing: One of the world's largest index managers
- Quantitative Investing: Precision-designed factor exposures in cost-efficient strategies that take intentional compensated risks, using our proprietary definitions for quality, value, volatility and momentum to enhance risk-adjusted returns
As engaged contributors to our communities, we consider it a great privilege to serve our investors and our communities with integrity, respect and transparency.
*Pension & Investments Annual Outsourcing Survey, March 31, 2022.
Northern Trust's Global Family Office group provides access to all Northern Trusts Businesses for Single Family Offices, Private Investment Offices, Trusts and Private Foundations.
Services to help you navigate complex investment strategies, stay compliant with regulations and meet reporting requirements.
Comprehensive solutions to help you make optimum use of cash in line with your strategies and guidelines.
Advanced solutions to support your institutional brokerage, transition management, securities financing and foreign exchange needs.
Innovative capabilities across data aggregation, data enhancement and data analytics.
Component or full middle and back office solutions tailored to meet your evolving efficiency, cost and operational risk needs.
Supporting traditional, alternative and tax-transparent funds, across all types of investment strategies, geographies and domiciles.
Providing custody, administration and investment solutions to the needs of family offices, family foundations, private trust companies and private investment companies.
From passive and factor-based, to ESG and liquidity, our innovative solutions are thoughtfully designed and efficiently executed, with a deep appreciation for risk and a clear focus on meeting investors' needs.
Expertise, guidance and services you need to stay ahead of regulatory change.
Market expertise and innovative solutions supporting global custody, derivatives processing, tax services and more.