Stephen Barber Wealth Strategist
Joined Northern Trust
- Undergraduate education at The University of South Carolina
- Graduate from Wake Forest University School of Law
- LL.M. in Tax from The University of San Diego School of Law
- General Securities Registered Representative as well as a Uniform Securities Agent with FINRA
- North Carolina Bar membership
As a Senior Vice President and Wealth Strategist in the Phoenix office, Stephen’s principal responsibility is introducing the strengths of Northern as a trusted advisor to affluent individuals and families. His process is to partner with affluent individuals and families to, first, identify their financial goals and, then, develop comprehensive financial solutions that address their specific aspirations.
During his 20 years in financial services, Stephen has specialized in designing personally optimized and tax sensitive solutions for affluent clients. Before joining Northern in 2011, Stephen served as Senior Vice President at Wells Fargo Private Bank in Los Angeles, CA. Stephen retired from the Navy with a rank of Commander after 23 years of combined active and reserve service.
Stephen serves on the Arizona Community Foundation Professional Advisory Board. He is an active volunteer with Boys Team Charity.