Stephen Barber Managing Director, Wealth Advisory Services
Joined Northern Trust
- Undergraduate education at The University of South Carolina
- Graduate from Wake Forest University School of Law
- Master of Laws in Tax from The University of San Diego
- Formerly, General Securities Registered Representative as well as a Uniform Securities Agent with FINRA
- Member of the North Carolina Bar
As Managing Director, Stephen leads a team of seasoned professionals delivering proactive wealth management services to individuals and families. The team advises across the balance sheet with expertise in investment management, fiduciary services, wealth planning, private banking and specialized lending solutions.
Prior to his current role, Stephen's principal responsibility was introducing the strengths of Northern as a trusted advisor. He specialized in designing personally optimized and tax sensitive solutions for affluent clients.
Before joining Northern in 2011, Stephen served as Senior Vice President at Wells Fargo Private Bank in Los Angeles. Stephen retired from the Navy with a rank of Commander after 23 years of combined active and reserve service.
Stephen serves on the Board of Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona. He is also a member of the Arizona Community Foundation Professional Advisory Board.