Carolyn E. Swain Managing Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics and German from Bowdoin College in Maine
- Masters in Business Administration from Boston University
- Graduate of Cannon Trust School
- Received her Certified Trust and Financial Advisor’s designation from the American Banker’s Association.
- Certificate in Financial Planning from California Lutheran University
Carolyn is a Senior Vice President and the Managing Director of the Private Client Services Team in Northern Trust’s Pasadena office. Previously , Carolyn was the Senior Fiduciary Manager for the Los Angeles Region and was responsible for the administration of private and testamentary trusts and agency accounts for high net worth clients and large family relationships. Prior to joining Northern Trust Bank in 1992, Carolyn was with Trust Services of America, Inc., and before that with the Bank of Boston.
Carolyn was on the Board of Directors of the UCLA Longevity Center, and was on the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation for many years and also served as Treasurer for the Chapter. She is a past President of the Southern California Trust Officers’ Association, a member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association Trusts & Estates Section, and a past Treasurer of Financial Women International.